Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I guess that's why I photograph weddings!







Wedding photography is a LOT OF WORK! You pack and unpack all of your gear about 3 or 4 times during the day and have to be ready to create an artistic photograph of just about anyone or anything at the drop of a hat. Most times the subjects are moving. But that's the drill for a wedding photographer. Saturday December 26th I had the pleasure of photographing Jael and Nick's wedding in Andover, MA. It was a 2 hr. drive from my home in Brewster. The bride was referred to me by her sister-in-law who's wedding I photographed about 5 years ago. When I arrived at the hotel where the reception was to be held later that evening, the sister-in-law was the first person I recognized. She said "Mark, we are so glad you are here. We told Jael she had to have you photograph her wedding. We have been getting nothing but rave reviews about our wedding pictures for the past five years!"


I guess that's why I photograph weddings.

When Jael and Nick have had a chance to see their wedding photos I will post some of them here, but for now here are a couple from Genevieve and Gerson's wedding five years ago. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The toning on the b/w image is superb - I love the dreamy quality of the image...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andra. It's been one of my favorites since I made it.

    ReplyDelete