Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blue Light Special











You know the saying about the cobbler's kids needing new shoes? Same thing goes for photographer's kids. You'd think we would have hundreds of portraits of our kids up in our home, but that's not the case. So I decided that would be my anniversary gift to my wife this year.

These two portraits are from a session in our living room. Camera, window, couch, and kid. What I like about these portraits is that there is not a lot of equipment. That has two benefits. 1) I don't have to lug it around. 2) It puts the kids at ease. "Just look right here. Dont worry about that flash and the big light modifier" All the focus goes right to the eyes.

The reason I called this post "Blue Light Special" is that when you photograph something with just window light or in shade of any sort, the light is predominantly blue. Knowing how to adjust your camera is essential to get the portraits to have that warm, cozy feel. Ironically, my wife loves the aged photo look that we eventually had them printed with, but I'm posting both so you get the idea.

Special? Reserve a "Blue Light Special" in the months of September and October and get these special rates:


$59.95 - Session for one child and one fully retouched 5x7.


$79.95 - Session for one child and one fully retouched 8x10.


$129.95 - Session for one child, one fully retouched 11x14 and 24 wallet prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment